Job Posting – Web Application Developer
Invenshure is a technology incubator company with a world-class scientific and product development team focused on developing and deploying emerging technologies primarily in medical diagnostics, medical therapeutics, and cloud computing markets.
We are seeking a multidisciplinary Web Application Developer to join a growing and experienced team of developers and scientists to create a world-class web platform in the quantitative medical imaging space. This person would take the lead role for our front end development.
The ideal candidate can build a beautiful user interface efficiently and knows how to implement fast, elegant code. We valueself-motivated individuals who work well in a collaborative environment, constantly generating and sharing new ideas with the team.
- Develop and maintain web app front end (currently in Django)
- Collaborate with stakeholders to refine and improve the user experience
- Make code-level UI and UX decisions
- Build scalable cloud based web applications
- Create data processing platforms using open source technologies
- Make data driven decisions to improve stability and performance
- Implement test driven development at all levels of the stack
- Work with stakeholders to understand and document software requirements and ensure front end meets functional requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3+ yrs experience developing web applications
- Passion for front end with demonstrated strong web UI portfolio
- Highly skilled in Python and experience with Python web frameworks (eg Django)
- Extremely comfortable with Linux
- Knowledge of how the web works from TCP to HTML
- Strong oral and written communication skills – you believe that an idea that can’t be expressed clearly to your peers isn’t yet a good idea.
- Great organizational skills with an attention to detail, consistency, and simplicity
- Experience and desire to implement testing framework
- Distributed message queues (eg RabbitMQ)
- Automated deployment tools (eg Buildout, Fabric)
- Cloud based data software architecture (eg AWS)
- Medical software development experience
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re always looking for talented individuals to join our team. If you’re interested in a career with Invenshure, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Invenshure was formed in 2011 by serial entrepreneurs Danny Cunagin and Troy Kopischke to identify, incubate, fund and grow emerging technology companies. Focusing primarily on platform technologies and medical devices/imaging, Invenshure is adept at creating shareholder value from very early stage ideas, often before a business plan or commercialization strategy exists. Even more unique is Invenshure’s track record of preserving shareholder value for founders and early investors.
Invenshure scours technology from industry and universities, concentrating on platform technologies that have the potential to yield significant market differentiation. The Invenshure founders also take an active role in the development and commercialization of the technology.
By combining a technology incubator and a commercialization enterprise (Invenshure, LLC) with a funding source (Invenshure Funds), Invenshure is uniquely positioned to reduce risk while fostering the growth of new companies.
As seasoned entrepreneurs, the principals of Invenshure have started several technology companies in the past 10 years. Engineers by degree, we invest a considerable amount of time evaluating emerging technologies and fostering the relationships to develop, capitalize and monetize opportunities. We have a well defined investment thesis and use a proven process to identify viable technologies and move that technology through due diligence, development and commercialization stages. Our process is summarized below.
Identify emerging technologies: We look for novel technologies that are rooted in well-reasoned science (preferably peer reviewed) and that can be supported by credible intellectual property positions. Viable technologies will address significant unmet market needs and must present a clear path to commercialization in a 3 to 5 year timeframe. Finally, we look for technologies where the principals of Invenshure can take an active role in the operation of the company, typically as CEO, President or COO.
Conduct due diligence: After a technology is identified, Invenshure goes through a rigorous due diligence process to verify the underlying science and market need, quantify the market size, review proof of concept studies, examine intellectual property and estimate the amount of funding needed to commercialize the technology.
Incubate technology: During this phase, more research is performed to further define the target market and the needs of the end user, develop a business strategy and plan, refine or develop an intellectual property strategy, and recruit and assemble advisory boards. In some cases, we may invest capital or resources to further advance the core technology or explore strategic technology combinations. As the opportunity progresses, a commercialization plan is created that could include licensing the technology to a strategic partner or forming a new company.
Monetize technology: At this stage, the opportunity has been completely vetted and a commercialization plan has been defined. Opportunities are licensed if a new company structure is not warranted. New companies are spun out if the technology requires larger capital to realize its full potential. Other monetization options at this stage may include joint venture, strategic investment or acquisition. In all cases, Invenshure’s monetization strategy will attempt to minimize ownership dilution for founders and early investors.
What we look for:
Emerging technologies in attractive markets, strong science with protectable intellectual property and a well-designed monetization path are key in the list of what we look for. Our interest areas include medical devices/imaging, therapeutics and platform technologies. That said, we are always willing to look at breakthrough technologies close to our interest areas.
To reduce risk and maximize return, we look for:
- Breakthrough/novel technologies that have the potential to create significant market value.
- Emerging technologies that transform markets or address large, unmet needs.
- Technologies that enjoy defendable patent positions.
- Scientific credibility, meaning technologies that have demonstrated proof of concept and ideally have received grants or published in peer-reviewed journals.